Sherman Swartz is an accomplished attorney, advocate and father of four who believes that Justice of Peace, Pct. 3 deserves someone with experience and legal knowledge on the bench.
Sherman earned his law degree from Baylor University. Since then, his private practice has included service to large and small businesses, individuals, serving as outside counsel, and pro bono work.
Sherman has provided free legal aid and pro bono work for:
- University of North Texas students, Denton County Senior Citizens, and others in need at Christian Community Action.
- Member of the Pro Bono College of the Texas State Bar
- UNT Alumni and Past Member of UNT Wingspan – (past school leaders Alumni organization)
- Past Director and President – Flower Mound Bar Association / Denton County Bar member
- Have appeared in various speaking engagements
- Officer / member / worker for various non profits
- Published in the Texas Bar Journal
- Published in University of North Texas Texan
- Published in “Writing Exciting #3 – Writer’s Legal Workshop, Part 1”
- Published in Fort Worth Star Telegram and in 65+ other newspapers with a television appearance on KDFW Channel 4 Dallas
Business and Individuals: Settlements, Agreements, contracts, business startups or purchase of businesses, sales, estate preparations and trusts. Minor criminal matters, mediations, license issues, light court issues, first and second chair appearances as needed. Children’s issues, pro bono representations and elder law. Sherman has done divorces, bankruptcies, a few criminal matters, real property, licenses and other various legal matters.
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas. Juris Doctorate.
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas. B.B.A. Administrative Management